The Commercial Vacancy Incentive Scheme was developed to help restore vibrancy and vitality to town and villages. Tipperary County Council developed this mechanism to directly address the issue of vacant retail units. The scheme targets both a reduction in the number of vacant retail units and the stimulation of a differing and engaging retail mix and experience in towns and villages across the county. The scheme limits the financial risk associated with the establishment of a new business thus assisting in providing an entry point to entrepreneurs wishing to start-up.
Please review the scheme details to ensure eligibility. You must have the following documentation to hand to progress through the online application - you can save your application at any time and return to add further required documents....
- Evidence of Vacant & Offered for rent or lease for Minimum 3 Months prior to occupancy
- Evidence of Minimum 12 month Lease or Evidence of ownership
- Evidence of Rates Payment up to date
- Active street front evidence – Photograph of front of business
- Ensure that the application is submitted within 12 months of occupation of the premises to be eligible to apply
- Have your Tax Clearance reference number and the access code for revenue.ie
- Have your rates Customer Number
- Have the Property Planning Permission reference number
- If you are not already set up as a supplier for Tipperary County Council, you will need to complete a ‘New Supplier Set-Up Request Form’ and scan the file into the application process - this form also requires a bank header
- Have your Receipt and the Receipt number from your payment of the required percentage of your rates demand
- Know the sum of any other grants received in the previous 3 years (if relevant) in order to complete, and sign, the De Minimus Form as it applies to your business
If you wish to make an enquiry regarding your eligibility for this scheme before submitting an online application form please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org